Crucial for the development of the global transportation system in the second half of the XX century was the introduction of a container as a mean of consolidation and standardization of packing for general and bulk cargoes. Popularity of container transportation is growing every year.
Introduction of container speeded up technologies of multimodal shipments, which involves different modes of transport.
«Sea Express» provides its customers with a variety of options for multimodal transportation of import and export cargos, combining the advantages of the different modes of transport in accordance with the specific customer’s demands.
Besides other types of shipments, «Sea Express» delivers goods on a «door-to-door» basis, which includes the following stages:
- suggestion of an optimal route and transportation scheme;
- pick up of cargo at the shipper’s warehouse;
- transportation of cargo from shipper’s warehouse to consignee's warehouse, including all related operations (for example, customs clrearance, intermediate storage, insurance, etc.);
- delivery of cargo to the consignee's warehouse.
«Sea Express» uses containers of different dimensions, options and configurations, such as:
- standard dry 20 and 40-foot containers;
- high cube 20 and 40-foot containers;
- 45-foot containers of high capacity;
- refrigerated containers (reefer);
- ventilated containers;
- open top containers;
- flat rack containers;
- tank containers.